Thursday, January 17, 2013

Grooming

One week ago, I had fears we were going to boil down completely and wake up to brown ground. Thankfully the temp cooled down, the coverage we had boned nicely and fresh snow followed. A few more snowfalls this week combined with daily grooming and the trails are near mid winter condition. The Pisten Bully has come out of the "cat house" and has set up some really nice tracks, for the most part. Skiing this afternoon was pretty much as good as it gets imo. I like fast, hard tracks, especially when the temp gets awesome in the single digits or cooler.
 There are still a few rough spots but so far everything is running smoothly.
Every year is different and this year is no exception. Learning new tricks and rely on experience from the past. Grooming is my passion and favorite thing at Maplelag. Days like today are the ones I dream about when the heat, humidity and annihilating deer flies of the summer are at their peak.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to be suggested this [url=http://www.top-uggsboosuk.co.uk]cheap ugg boots uk[/url] website via my cousin. I'm now not certain whether or not this publish is written by means of him as nobody else realize such specified approximately my difficulty. You are wonderful! Thanks!